Alcanza Clinical Research is a growing multi-site, multi-phase clinical research company with a network of locations in Boston and Northern MA, Portsmouth, NH, Charleston, SC, and Detroit, MI. We have established a strong presence across Phase I-IV studies and several therapeutic areas including vaccine, neurology, dermatology, psychiatry and general medicine. Join us as we continue to grow!
Position Summary: The patient recruiter is responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing recruitment programs to successfully meet targeted enrollment goals for study protocols and enroll appropriate subjects in protocols.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Essential Job Duties:
- Learn and maintain a high level of knowledge regarding protocol elements including inclusion and exclusion criteria.
- Inform patients or caregivers about study opportunities.
- Assess eligibility of potential subjects through methods such as screening interviews, reviews of medical records, or discussions with physicians and nurses.
- Determine staff availability for study visits and organize electronic calendar system.
- Schedule subjects for appointments, procedures, or inpatient stays as required by study protocols.
- Track contact status of subjects and document information such as subject contact efforts.
- Confer with health care professionals to determine the best recruitment practices for studies.
- Develop call scripts and other informational materials to be used in subject recruitment.
- Participate in continuing education activities or attend conferences and seminars in order to maintain current knowledge of recruitment affairs and issues.
- Perform all other duties that may be requested or assigned.